New titles that will be on display include:
- Presidential Electors and the Electoral College: An Examination of Lobbying, Wavering Electors, and Campaigns for Faithless Votes by Robert Alexander (Watch the interview with this Cambria Press author!)
- Forgotten Partnership Redux: Canada-U.S. Relations in the 21st Century edited by Greg Anderson and Christopher Sands (Watch the interview with this Cambria Press author!)
- Saving American Elections: A Diagnosis and Prescription for a Healthier Democracy by Anthony Gierzynski (Watch interviews with this Cambria Press author!)
Given how this is election season, some relevant books (which have received excellent reviews) include:
- Local Government Consolidation in the United States by Dagney Faulk and Michael Hicks
- Filibustering in the U.S. Senate by Lauren C. Bell
- Jockeying for the American Presidency: The Political Opportunism of Aspirants by Lara Brown (Now also in paperback!) (Read Dr. Lara Brown’s recent article in The New York Times!)
- Corruption and American Politics edited by Michael A. Genovese and Victoria A. Farrar-Myers (Now also in paperback!)
- Jimmy Carter and the Water Wars by Scott Frisch and Sean Kelly *CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title! (Now also in paperback!)
There are also many more titles, especially in the Politics, Institutions, and Public Policy in America book series by Scott Frisch and Sean Kelly. Professor Sean Kelly will be attending the WPSA conference.
In fact, Professors Frisch and Kelly are two of the coeditors of a new book, that “could help bring about a revolution in the way political scientists do their work” as praised by Dr. Raymond Smock, director of the Robert C. Byrd Center for Legislative Studies; former historian, U. S. House of Representatives; and past president of the Association of Centers for the Study of Congress. The book, Doing Archival Research in Political Science, with two other coeditors Douglas B. Harris and David C.W. Parker, has already been praised by leading scholars and is scheduled for publication at the end of this March.
A 30% WPSA discount is being offered until May 15, 2012. Download the Cambria Press book list with this special WPSA discount!
Enjoy your time in Portland!