Cambria Sinophone World Series Reception (AAS 2013, San Diego) and Surprise Birthday Party for Victor Mair – JUST AMAZING!
Cambria Press is pleased to report that the 2013 AAS conference was an enormous success and one of the best conferences yet (we thought the MLA was a hard act to follow, but the AAS was just as fantastic).
This is largely because of the Cambria Sinophone World Series reception, which included a surprise party to honor Dr. Victor Mair on his 70th birthday, was–as one attendee aptly dubbed it–“JUST AMAZING!”.
See for yourself by watching the videos of the various segments of the spectacular event. The reception to Dr. Shu-mei Shih’s speech on Sinophone studies was very enthusiastic as it was to Dr. Mair’s discussion of the the Cambria Sinophone World Series and the new titles.
The highlight of the event was, of course, Dr. Mair’s priceless reaction to the surprise birthday party, his surprise guests, the book compiled in his honor, and all the guests who showed up and kept the huge secret from him.
WATCH THE WHOLE EXCITING EVENT!
The following is a list of the videos of the event in sequence:
1) Welcome speeches by Toni Tan (Cambria Press) and Shu-mei Shih (UCLA)
2) Speech by Victor Mair about Cambria Press and his decision to be the general editor of the Cambria Sinophone World Series
3) Speech by Victor Mair about titles in the Cambria Sinophone World Series and his introduction of authors EK Tan and David Schneider
4) Toni Tan springs the birthday surprise on Victor Mair!!!
5) Victor Mair unveils the surprise birthday book China and Beyond by Victor H. Mair compiled in his honor by his doctoral students (Rebecca Shuang Fu, Matthew Anderson, Xiang Wan, and Sophie Wei)
(NOTE: Order this book by May 4, 2013, and enter the web coupon code vmair70 to enjoy a special price of only $49 for this massive 532-page tome. Regular list price is $99).
6) Victor Mair’s speech in response to the surprise birthday
7) Slideshow showcasing Victor Mair’s accomplishments shown at the reception
Cambria Press wishes to express its deepest gratitude to all who made this–no doubt one of the most memorable times ever at the AAS–possible!
* * * * * * * *
STAY POSTED! Like Cambria Press on Facebook, follow Cambria Press on Twitter,and share this news from Cambria Press on Google+!
Visit the Cambria Press website www.cambriapress.com