Another major reason why the AAS 2014 conference was such a huge success for Cambria Press was the book launch session for our authors. The room was filled with scholars across many disciplines in Asian studies who came to hear the following authors speak about their new books (click on author’s name to watch their speech). Toni Tan, director of Cambria Press, introduced the following authors:
- Sanchita Saxena – Made in Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka: The Labor Behind the Global Garments and Textiles Industries
- Cecilia Segawa Seigle aend Linda H. Chance – Ooku, The Secret World of the Shogun’s Women
- Tanya Storch – The History of Chinese Buddhist Bibliography: Censorship and Transformation of the Tripitaka (the book which Victor Mair has been waiting for!)
Victor Mair spoke about the Cambria Sinophone World series and introduced two authors who were there:
- Ross King and his book Infected Korean Language, Purity versus Hybridity: From the Sinographic Cosmopolis to Japanese Colonialism to Global English and
- Nicholas Kaldis and his book The Chinese Prose Poem: A Study of Lu Xun’s Wild Grass (Yecao).
Dr. Mair also introduced new books in the Cambria Sinophone World Series on behalf of authors who were unable to make it to the AAS 2014 conference in Philadelphia. These were:
- Karen An-hwei Lee – Anglophone Literatures in the Asian Diaspora: Literary Transnationalism and Translingual Migrations,
- Alison Groppe – Sinophone Malaysian Literature: Not Made in China, and
- Paul Manfredi – Modern Poetry in China: A Visual-Verbal Dynamic.
Tansen Sen, who is on the editorial board of the series, spoke on behalf of Dr. Dorothy Wong and Dr. Gustav Heldt for their forthcoming book, China and Beyond in the Medieaval Period: Cultural Crossings and Inter-regional Connections.
For more information on these books, visit the Cambria Press website.
Don’t forget that there is a 40% discount on until May 4th, and you and your library can use this.
Use web coupon code AAS2014 to enjoy these incredible savings, which applies to ALL hardcover titles in any area!
Check out the 2014 Asian studies catalog and download the the Asian studies book list.
* * * * * * * *