The AAS 2016 conference was one of our best conferences yet. It was great being right in the front of the exhibit hall and across from the AAS booth. We appreciated the compliments on our 8 ft long banners from both attendees and other exhibitors. Thanks to all who stopped by!
The Cambria booth had two banners–one for our Cambria Sinophone World Series Event and series, and the other for our latest books.
Thanks also to all who attended the Cambria Sinophone World Series Event! Speakers were:
- Dr. Victor Mair (University of Pennsylvania), general editor of the Cambria Sinophone World Series), and Ms. Toni Tan, director of Cambria Press
- Colonel Thomas Drohan (United States Air Force Academy), author of A New Strategy for Complex Warfare: Combined Effects in East Asia, and Dr. Geoffrey R. H. Burn, general editor of the Rapid Communications in Conflict and Security Series
- Dr. Karil Kucera (St. Olaf College), author of Ritual and Representation in Chinese Buddhism
- Dr. Christopher Lupke (Washington State University) author of The Sinophone Cinema of Hou Hsiao-hsien
- Dr. Minghui Hu (University of California Santa Cruz) and Dr. Johan Elverskog (Southern Methodist University), coeditors of Cosmopolitanism in China, 1600-1950
- Dr. Mair spoke on behalf of Dr. Wilt Idema (Harvard University), author of The Immortal Maiden Equal to Heaven and Other Precious Scrolls from Western Gansu; and Dr. Chia-rong Wu (Rhodes College), author Supernatural Sinophone Taiwan and Beyond.
Download the Asian Studies catalog and browse our titles. Enjoy 30% off all hardcover titles. Use coupon code ASIA30. Libraries can use this code too.